Friday, August 19, 2016

Admission to the Ark...

I recently went to see the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, KY, and I enjoyed the experience. Truly, as I considered a visual reminder of the story of Noah, I was surprised at the emotions that the experience elicited.
As I look back, I would say that it was the tickets that really bothered me.


It wasn't that the tickets were bad... they simply contained a story that many who visit the site probably ignore.
Picture yourself standing near the Ark... Not this new one, but Noah's Ark. You had been warned that God's wrath was imminent, but you had chosen to ignore it. Now the Earth was roiling with massive earthquakes as the fountains of the great deep were opened, and just possibly, it had started to rain as well. You are looking at the Ark, you desperately want to board, but it is too late. God has shut the door, and you cannot enter.
There were people who would have given anything for a ticket that would have gained them admittance... Or admittance for the children that they had wrongly taught to ignore God and to ignore God's commands.
As I looked down at our tickets, I was not only thinking about that, but also of the last days— when tribulations come, and men look suddenly to the God they have ignored. "Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me..." (Proverbs 1:28)
In the book of Thessalonians, Paul wrote this: "...because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." (II Thessalonians 5:10-12)
God's judgement will come, sooner or later. What you must ask yourself is where you will stand when that happens.

Will you have a ticket, or be wishing that you had one? 

No comments:

Post a Comment